Thursday, August 31, 2006

Long Overdue....



It has been entirely too long since I've been to work on this blog. Now that it has been this long, it's a challenge trying to get pictures up and organized. But we shall persevere. Lots of stuff going on (or not going on, as the case may be). In a nutshell, have been getting a lot of nice knitting done. I've actually been trying to put into use Joan's Red Dot system; and I may need to reorganize my side bar to correspond with how that has been working. It's a definite help!!

Most recently, finished the Dale baby outfit for a friend's first child, who should be arriving sometime within the next month. Let's see if I can extract a picture or two from the recesses of this machine...... Well, they're up there.....The pattern is from the Dale Book # 142; Yarn was a mixture of Jaeger and Rowan Superwash yarns purchased from Oh Susannah in Lancaster. I love that store! I always plan on atleast a few hours whenever I go there because the ladies are so nice and friendly and helpful. I'm sure I learn something new each and every time I go there.

I'm currently working on another baby item from Dale # 139, which is the adorable chicken sweater. There is a variation of the pattern on the cover of this pattern book. I saw a sample of the sweater at the Old Wool Peddler in Morgantown; and immediately changed my plans for what I was going to make for this next baby outfit. Since I've been unemployed, I'm finding that outside of the stress, unemployment does have some advantages. I'm currently working on the second sleeve and can conceivable have this sweater done in just a little over 2 weeks, which is definitely a record for me.

As things happen, though, this sweater has inspired me to start on a third child item, which previously had not been on my list. So I FORGOT about this birthday coming up!! But there is another Dale sweater in my near future....not an involved one, just a simple one. I'm excited.

FLAK is finished!!! Has been finished for over a month now; but since I've not been paying attention to the blog or pictures, it has not been posted. I will do that soon.

I also have the Braids Cardigan started on the needles. It's a nice change-to project when the itty bitty stitches on these little outfits seem to be taking so long.

But that's about it for now. Atleast we are back in business. Happy knitting!!!

3 comments:

Romi said...

I saw your post on Norgeknit and had to check it out. It's gorgeous! Impeccable! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda I saw on KB list that you had updated your blog. The baby set is wonderful, so cute !
Amanda

Unknown said...

I am glad you showed the close up of this work. Your knitting is very neat. I have yet to attempt fairisle in handknitting. Keep meaning to.
bw
colin